Safety in transport is always the top priority for companies and it should be carried out without any problems and in a time-saving manner. This is the only way to reach the destination within a certain time window. Shoring beams have become very important aids for modern cargo securing in the truck. The various products boast in particular easy handling and, for example, a high load capacity in vertical and/or horizontal use. The retail market offers an extensive range of products with diverse clamping ranges that are suitable for different vehicles and can be attached in different ways.
Especially when it comes to saving weight, shoring beams are among the safety measures that are easiest to apply. The truck cargo securing device is braced between the walls of the loading area, which allows the blocking force to be used to the maximum. If the goods to be transported are to be secured vertically, the lashing tracks that the shoring beam is clamped in must be simply attached to the vehicle floor and ceiling.
Examples of the advantages of shoring beams as a cargo securing element in the truck:
- Installation possible with millimetre precision and flexibility.
- Robust, lightweight and durable because of the use of aluminium.
- Fast, time-saving loading/unloading of the transported goods.
- Simple assembly and easy combination with other safety components such as lashing tracks.
- Shoring beams allow the entire loading area to be utilised.
- High compatibility and safety due to standardised hole dimensions.
Using shoring beams to secure cargo means supplementing these products with other safety components. If, for example, lashing points are fixed to the side of the truck, locking rods can be used horizontally. The end pins provide information about the type of cargo securing in the truck, so the exact type of fastening for the required decking beams can be easily selected. The various products have, among other things, conical and cylindrical pins or combination pins, with the diameter varying in each case.